Muscle or Joint Pain
NEW 111 Service for Covid 19 Concerns
From 08:00hrs on Monday 23rd March 2020 there is a new service for patients who are concerned that they have the symptoms of Covid 19.
Instead of telephoning the practice, you should Telephone 111 where your call will be dealt with by NHS24. NHS24 will refer patients who require further investigation to a new NHS Covid 19 service
Patients who want to find out more about Covid 19 (including what the symptoms are) and how to self-isolate, should continue to access the NHS Inform website
Video Consultations by NHS Near Me
Attending your Video Consultation - Near Me
If you are discussing an issue with a GP, they may ask you to connect to them via a video link. In this situation, please do the following:
• If you are on your smartphone, tablet or computer (provided it has a camera), click on the box below. Alternatively, type in the
URL - https://nhsattend.vc/76052 in the browser on your device.
• On the next screen, click on the “Start video call” button
• On the next screen, enter your personal details (name, date of birth, telephone number), tick the “I accept” box and click on “Continue”
• On the next screen, click on the “Start Call” button
• You will then be transferred through to the GP, who will be able to accept your call and then you can communicate by video link. Note it may take a minute or two for the GP to accept your call.
Video consultations are only available by prior arrangement with a GP. Please do not try and contact us by this video link unless you have arranged the call with a GP in advance.
Repeat Prescription Delay - 20 March 2020
We are processing a high volume of repeat prescriptions and local pharmacies are overwhelmed trying to dispense the items. The Pharmacy would appreciate if you could give them at least 4 days from ordering before you try to collect from the shop. Your consideration is much appreciated.
Text Message Opt-in
We would like to be able to send you practice communications by text message, but first we need your permission. Please provide your details and consent using the form below and return a signed copy to the practice.
Public Holidays For 2020/2021
- Monday 21st September 2020 – Autumn Public Holiday
- Friday 25th December 2020 – Christmas Day
- Monday 28th December 2020 – Public Holiday for Boxing Day
- Friday 1st January 2021 – New Year’s Day
- Monday 4th January 2021 – Public Holiday
New Phone System - Our New Telephone Number is 0300 790 6244
The New Way to Book a same day Appointment
HOW THE SERVICE WILL WORK AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
Watch this space for further updates or click here for information on the new service
New ‘Same-day’ Service launching 21 January 2020
Our new same day service is ready for launch click here for information on the new service
Details of all other service improvements to follow shortly.
Sick Certificate (Fit Note)
You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.
For any illness lasting longer than seven days you will need to see the doctor for him/her to issue a fitness/sickness certificate. For any subsequent renewal of the certificate you will need to complete a re-issue form at Reception to enable the team to forward to your GP. If your employer insists on a certificate for 7 days or less a charge will be levied.
Important Phone Information
Please note that with our phone system you need to stay on the line and listen to Dr Churn’s message before pressing the option you need.
Tuesday Health Walks
Download our Health Walks Leaflet
Next walk Tuesday 2nd April at 9:30am
Our new self-check is now up and running at The Harbours Medical Practice (Cockenzie only)
Engage Patient Guide
HILDA is a site for people living East Lothian which provides its users with information they can trust on equipment that they can buy or borrow to help them maintain and improve mobility. It offers an easy-to-follow online self-assessment to help pinpoint what kind of support would be useful and puts people in touch with activities, exercise and advice that will help keep them moving and enjoying life. Registering enables its users to get the most out of HILDA. Then they can plan and set goals that will help improve their mobility. They can change their goals as their needs change and they can also create a plan for friends or relatives. Assessments, advice and details of equipment can be pinned to their plan.
Meningitis B Advice
We have received a number of calls from patients concerned about Meningitis B, and the age limitations on eligibility for the vaccination programme against this disease.
The Meningitis B vaccination programme is the responsibility of the Scottish Government, and they have determined the eligibility criteria based on expert medical advice. Further information on Meningitis, Meningitis B and the vaccination programme is available on the Immunisation Scotland website. This contains a Question and Answer section regarding the vaccination.
Please note that the NHS can only offer the Meningitis B vaccination to those children who meet the eligibility criteria as specified by the Scottish Government, i.e. to those children born on or after 1st May 2015.
If your child does not fall into the criteria, they can be vaccinated at PRIVATE PRACTICES in Edinburgh.
- Your GP Edinburgh Clinic – 0131 225 5656 – no appointments being offered until Wednesday, 24 February
- Masta Travel Clinic – Elm Row, Edinburgh – 0330 100 4106
- Masta Travel Clinic – Davidson Mains, Edinburgh – 0330 100 4169
- Masta Travel Clinic – West Calder – 0330 100 4106
- Travel Clinic – Newington, Edinburgh – 0131 667 1030
- Edinburgh Clinic – Colinton Road, Edinburgh – 0131 447 2340 (update on appointments for this clinic on 6 March)