Services during Covid-19 Pandemic
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have had to make significant changes to our services in order to reduce the risk of infection to our patients and staff.
To help keep everyone safe and reduce the risk of spreading the virus we are asking our patients:
- NOT to come to the Practice unless you have a pre-booked appointment or to hand in a specimen.
- If you have a query you would like to discuss, please do so by telephone 0300 790 6244 Option 2.
The standard forms you may require to use are available to download from this website. Completed forms should be posted to us or put in the letterbox by the front door.
Please note for infection control reasons we cannot provide you with pens or paper at the practice should you have wished to request a prescription or sick note.
- Sick Note Request
- Prescription Request
- Online Services Application
- New Patient Registration Form
- New Patient Medical Information
- Ethnicity Form
- SMS Message Application
- Travel Vaccine Form
If you have an appointment at the practice we kindly ask that you wear a mask to your appointment. This will help protect our patients and staff. If you do not have a mask a scarf can be used.
Self Help Videos
Many of you are continuing to manage your long term conditions during this Covid 19 pandemic so we have developed a series of videos to help you. Take a look!....they may give you some new tips to try and optimise the control of your condition.
Asthma - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzPLpiBKtA
COPD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDuPEuxFMeQ
BP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut7JVvOnPgw
T2DM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucszl5I6PvI
Muscle or Joint Pain
NEW 111 Service for Covid 19 Concerns
From 08:00hrs on Monday 23rd March 2020 there is a new service for patients who are concerned that they have the symptoms of Covid 19.
Instead of telephoning the practice, you should Telephone 111 where your call will be dealt with by NHS24. NHS24 will refer patients who require further investigation to a new NHS Covid 19 service
Patients who want to find out more about Covid 19 (including what the symptoms are) and how to self-isolate, should continue to access the NHS Inform website
Video Consultations by NHS Near Me
Attending your Video Consultation - Near Me
If you are discussing an issue with a GP, they may ask you to connect to them via a video link. In this situation, please do the following:
• If you are on your smartphone, tablet or computer (provided it has a camera), click on the box below. Alternatively, type in the
URL - https://nhsattend.vc/76052 in the browser on your device.
• On the next screen, click on the “Start video call” button
• On the next screen, enter your personal details (name, date of birth, telephone number), tick the “I accept” box and click on “Continue”
• On the next screen, click on the “Start Call” button
• You will then be transferred through to the GP, who will be able to accept your call and then you can communicate by video link. Note it may take a minute or two for the GP to accept your call.
Video consultations are only available by prior arrangement with a GP. Please do not try and contact us by this video link unless you have arranged the call with a GP in advance.
Text Message Opt-in
We would like to be able to send you practice communications by text message, but first we need your permission. Please provide your details and consent using the form below and return a signed copy to the practice.
Public Holidays For 2020/2021
- Monday 21st September 2020 – Autumn Public Holiday
- Friday 25th December 2020 – Christmas Day
- Monday 28th December 2020 – Public Holiday for Boxing Day
- Friday 1st January 2021 – New Year’s Day
- Monday 4th January 2021 – Public Holiday
Sick Certificate (Fit Note)
You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.
For any illness lasting longer than seven days you will need to see the doctor for him/her to issue a fitness/sickness certificate. For any subsequent renewal of the certificate you will need to complete a re-issue form at Reception to enable the team to forward to your GP. If your employer insists on a certificate for 7 days or less a charge will be levied.
Our new self-check is now up and running at The Harbours Medical Practice (Cockenzie only)
Engage Patient Guide
HILDA is a site for people living East Lothian which provides its users with information they can trust on equipment that they can buy or borrow to help them maintain and improve mobility. It offers an easy-to-follow online self-assessment to help pinpoint what kind of support would be useful and puts people in touch with activities, exercise and advice that will help keep them moving and enjoying life. Registering enables its users to get the most out of HILDA. Then they can plan and set goals that will help improve their mobility. They can change their goals as their needs change and they can also create a plan for friends or relatives. Assessments, advice and details of equipment can be pinned to their plan.
Meningitis B Advice
We have received a number of calls from patients concerned about Meningitis B, and the age limitations on eligibility for the vaccination programme against this disease.
The Meningitis B vaccination programme is the responsibility of the Scottish Government, and they have determined the eligibility criteria based on expert medical advice. Further information on Meningitis, Meningitis B and the vaccination programme is available on the Immunisation Scotland website. This contains a Question and Answer section regarding the vaccination.
Please note that the NHS can only offer the Meningitis B vaccination to those children who meet the eligibility criteria as specified by the Scottish Government, i.e. to those children born on or after 1st May 2015.
If your child does not fall into the criteria, they can be vaccinated at PRIVATE PRACTICES in Edinburgh.
- Your GP Edinburgh Clinic – 0131 225 5656 – no appointments being offered until Wednesday, 24 February
- Masta Travel Clinic – Elm Row, Edinburgh – 0330 100 4106
- Masta Travel Clinic – Davidson Mains, Edinburgh – 0330 100 4169
- Masta Travel Clinic – West Calder – 0330 100 4106
- Travel Clinic – Newington, Edinburgh – 0131 667 1030
- Edinburgh Clinic – Colinton Road, Edinburgh – 0131 447 2340 (update on appointments for this clinic on 6 March)